Pageviews past week

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Might as well add another poem here.

WHEN I SPOKE OF THE NIGHT

When I spoke of the night

I was thinking of you the whole time.

There were animals running in the street.

I could hear the traffic sounds. Hymn-like

Describing the air in horns and brakes.


I thought that train sounds were singing.

I did not know. I thought they were music,

Rhythmic and full of dark whistles,

The drumming of a million souls, a yearning.


A blanket of lights covered the city.

They shifted with the hours,

Undulated with the winds, blinked off,

Blinked on, reminded me of your eyes.


I thought it was your hair.

I thought it was your eyes.

I thought it was the stars.

Come down to earth to spin


Their tales once again, of the changing,

Of the way your lips move on mine,

Of your breathing in full midnight,

Of the sleeping, dancing the dreams

Through our bodies, touching our

Green hearts, our god-like souls again.

No comments:

Post a Comment